Selenium webdriver is a component of the latest version of Selenium test suite which has replaced Selenium IDE. It has avoided the use of specific servers to make the testing process much easier.
Selenium has gained popularity and wide acceptance within a short period of its introduction and when Selenium web driver was introduced, Selenium experts have switched to it. Similarly, developers and test managers have started to prefer Selenium web driver. This has increased the demand for Selenium web driver experts.
In order to meet the ever increasing demand, many online Selenium testing training tutorials have come up. As soon as you join any Selenium web driver tutorial you will be provided with study material.
Selenium Webdriver Videos constitute the major part of the study materials although study materials in other formats are also be provided.
Selenium Webdriver Videos help the students to learn the subject without the help of a third person. The entire process of Selenium testing will be depicted in these videos. Narrations will be in simple and easy to understand language. There will be supporting infographics to make learning easy and more effective.
Selenium interview questions, which is a part of any Selenium web driver video tutorial will cover the entire subject in a question and answer format. This will also help the students to understand the subject in a better way.
Every professional trainer will provide a chat facility as a part of online Selenium web driver training program. This can be used by the students to clear doubts if any. Besides this, the trainees will get access to a vast community of experts, which can be used to clear doubts and to learn the subject in depth.
Selenium webdriver video tutorial contents
The syllabus of each Selenium web driver training course may change a bit depending on the priorities of different trainers, but the core of the course will be same. Most of the professional trainers follow the pattern given below.
Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Need for the Robust Framework.
- Good Reporting of test runs.
Chapter 2 :Installation and Configuration
- Installation with Python, PIP utility. Installing Robot Framework libraries.
- Eclipse, Robot Framework Plugin
Chapter 3 :Creating First Script
- Pybot Concept, Script file extensions (.txt or .robot). Reports and Logs of the test runs. Settings, Testcases, Variables
Chapter 4 :Integration of Python
- Creating Python scripts and calling them into Robot Framework.
Chapter 5,Chapter 6 :Standard Libraries
- Operating System
Chapter 7 :Data Structures
- List, Dictionaries
Chapter 8 :Conditional Flow
- If Else
- For Loop
Chapter 9 :External Libraries
- Selenium2Library, Launch Browser, Locator Using Methods in Robot Framework. Page Object Model.
Chapter 10 :Data Driven and keyword Driven Framework
- Using XML to read Test data, Using keyword methods as utilities.
- Parameterized Keywords
- Parameterized pybot command
Chapter 11 :Setup and Teardown
- Suite and Tests Setup and Teardown
Chapter 12 :Tags
- Tagging Strategies for grouping the Test Suites.
Chapter 13 :Reports
- Generating Customized reports. Report Title, suite level. Rebot Library to merge reports of multiple runs.
Chapter 14 :Continuous Integration
- Integration of Robot runs using Jenkins. Jenkins Plugin for Robot Framework.
Chapter 15 :Parallel Test Execution
- Using Pabot utility and Selenium Grid to execute multiple tests in parallel