JUnit, a unit testing framework for Java programming language plays an important role in the development of test-driven development. This can be used to accelerate the speed of programming and also to improve the quality of code. JUnit framework can be incorporated with Eclipse, Ant or Maven very easily.
JUnit framework has earned enormous popularity and hence the demand for experts in JUnit has increased in the recent past. This made many professionals working in different domains in the software industry to learn JUnit framework and to shift to testing career. Software developers are also learning this technology as it will improve their skills and they can be perfect developers.
Catering to the increasing need for JUnit Framework courses, many JUnit Framework tutorials have come up. The majority of them are online courses as it helps the working professionals to pursue the course without quitting the job or without disturbing the daily schedule.
When you join in a JUnit Framework tutorial, you will be provided with JUnit framework videos which will depict the entire process of testing. Narrations in simple language and the relevant infographics and examples provided will make the learning process easier and interesting.
Towards the end of the course, most of the professional trainers will offer JUnit Framework live project training. In this session, the trainees will work with the trainer and a team of JUnit framework experts on live projects. This will help the trainees to learn the subject more deeply and also will provide practical knowledge.
JUnit Framework Training Course Contents
As different trainers are offering different courses, there may be a slight difference in the course contents. Even then the most widely accepted syllabi for the course will contain the following contents.
- Unit testing introduction
1.1. What is unit testing?
1.2. Test coverage
1.3.Unit testing in Java
- JUnit introduction
2.1. JUnit Simple Example using Eclipse
2.2. JUnit annotations
2.3. JUnit assertions
- JUnit complete example using Eclipse
3.1. Initial steps
3.2. Create a java class to be tested
3.3. Create and run a JUnit test case
3.4. Using @Ignore annotation
3.5. Creating suite tests
3.6. Creating parameterized tests
- Run JUnit tests from command line
Now the task is to identify a professional trainer and to get trained. This is very easy if you follow some tips.
- Visit the official website of the trainer and go through the sample JUnit framework videos posted on it to analyze the quality of the study materials.
- Participate in the free webinars and orientation sessions organized by the trainer from time to time for assessing the quality of training and also the approach of the trainer towards training.
- Take the help of social media or related open discussion forums to get an idea about the reputation of the trainer among the job providers.