Selenium has become the world’s most used test automation tool and at a time when the automation tools and the experts in it enjoy great demand, there is a huge demand for selenium experts across the world. This fact attracted many ambitious persons towards different selenium training courses and online selenium tutorials gained wide acceptance.
Selenium is really a testing suite with different components and Selenium Remote Control or selenium RC is one among them. Selenium RC is a server written in java and it receives commands via HTTP. In the advanced version of selenium, selenium RC has been replaced with selenium webdriver. Unlike in Selenium RC, Selenium webdriver does not need a selenium server as it can directly communicate with the browser. Hence the time for the testing can be reduced considerably. This is the major difference between Selenium RC and Selenium webdriver.
You might have come across with courses such as selenium webdriver tutorial or selenium webdriver training courses. Actually, these are advanced selenium courses which will deal with the advanced technology in selenium including integrating selenium with many other test automation tools and test management tools for enhancing the functionalities of selenium.
You may find some courses such as selenium training with java or selenium training with c# etc and might have wondered about the need for such courses when selenium is supporting multiple languages. You need to learn any of the programming languages supported by selenium to work with it and these courses are meant for non-programmers who wants to learn selenium and thus to make a big career in software testing.
Now let us have a look at the course content for selenium tutorials. The course contents may change a bit depending on the priorities of different trainers. Still, most of the professional trainers are following the below-given syllabus.
- Selenium IDE Basics
- Eclipse, JUnit, Selenium RC, ANT
- Basics of Core Java and JUnit using Selenium Server (Remote Control)
- Selenium Data-Driven Framework-1 with core Java programming and JUnit annotations
- Selenium Data-Driven Framework-2
- Keyword-Driven Framework-1
- Selenium WebDriver Overview
- Keyword-Driven Framework-2 using Selenium WebDriver
- Hybrid Framework using WebDriver
- AJAX, Dynamic Pages, Window Alerts, Pop-Ups
- Selenium GRID, TESTNG framework implementation, ANT Build
- Selenium Database Testing
- Selenium Interview Preparation and Resume
- Selenium SVN & Maven
- Selenium Integration with Jenkins
As mentioned in the beginning of the article, you will find a good number of selenium training programs when you browse through the internet. You should go with a good and professional trainer to gain the maximum advantage of the training and here are a few tips to identify a good trainer.
- Visit the official website of the trainer and go through the sample study materials including selenium videos posted there to assess the quality of study materials.
- Attend free orientation sessions and webinars organized by the trainers from time to time to have an idea about the quality of training.
- Take the help of social media or the related open discussion forums to get an idea about the quality of training and also to know the goodwill the trainer enjoys among job providers.